AAHOA’s Certified Hotel Owners (CHO) program features a blended learning approach including videos, group discussions, case studies, personalized critical thinking and business ethics activities. The program offers the nine (9) following distinct modules, which are designed to assist hotel owners with effectively operating their hotels:
- Leadership: The leadership module integrates the tangible and intangible qualities of successful leaders. Leadership directly impacts team-building and the business culture.
- Accounting: This module covers the essential financial documents, systems, controls and key indicators used to accurately measure performance and profitability.
- Marketing and Sales: Innovative marketing and strong sales can “make or break” a hotel. Effective use of social media and capitalizing on Search Engine Optimization are tools required to gain visibility and be successful.
- Front Office Operations: A first impression can leave a lasting memory. The front office of every hotel is the communication center and often the first and last point of contact for every guest.
- Human Resources: Employees are one of the most valuable assets of any successful business. This segment addresses the multi-dimensional responsibility that exists in today’s workforce.
- Major support areas: Every hotel has several major support departments that require ownership attention and care. This section provides an in-depth overview of what is needed to successfully and safely operate the major support departments.
- Technology: This segment examines emerging technology options at multiple levels for different types of hotels.
- Hotel Ownership: This module is a Capstone segment, which addresses specific issues of importance to hotel owners.
- Legal issues: This section addresses the continually changing laws affecting inn-keeping and reviews contracts, litigation and employment laws.
- An expanded pool of world class professors and instructors share their knowledge and expertise to help you and your staff save money, make money, and protect your investment.
Cancellations: If you are unable to attend, you may cancel your registration by logging into your member account, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling (404)816-5759.